Definition of ‘Multibagger’
Definition: Stocks that give returns that are several times their costs are called multi-baggers. These are essentially stocks that are undervalued and have strong fundamentals, thus presenting themselves as great investment options. Multibagger stock companies are strong on corporate governance and have businesses that are scalable within a short span of time.
Description: A stock that doubles its price is called a two-bagger while if the price grows 10-times, it would be called a 10-bagger. Thus, multi-baggers are stocks whose prices have risen multiple times their initial investment values.
How to identify multi-bagger stocks?
1. Debt level of the company should be within reasonable limits: There are no defined levels per se for debt, as it will vary from industry to industry. However, as a ballpark measure, debt should not be more than 30 per cent of the equity value.
2. Check on previous quarter performance: Keep a check on the company’s revenue multiples on a quarter-on-quarter basis. If the multiples are low but the company is performing at the operational level, then that can be a hint that the company has significant upside potential.
3. Sources of earnings: Along with the revenue numbers, check the sources from which the company is making money. Is the primary revenue segment set to grow at the macro level? Are the operations of the company easily scalable? If yes, then the stock may have the potential to be a multi-bagger.
4. Earnings and price multiples: Calculate the trailing 12-month EPS and revenue to arrive at the current PE and price /sales ratios. If the PE level is growing faster than the stock price, then its chances of being a multi-bagger are bright.
5. Check out the business model/CAPEX/ structural/management changes: Be on the lookout for any major changes in the quarterly results/annual reports that could have a significant impact on the company’s operations.
Dhaka Stock Exchange Website link for BSC Price Chart:
Dhaka Stock Exchange link for company fundamentals:
BSC ( Bangladesh Shipping Corporation ) Fundamentals in infographics:
[ All data is valid as of 14th Jan 2022 ]
Disclaimer: This article is just for educational purposes. It’s not intended to encourage anyone to buy or sell any particular stock.
Learn How To Trade Stocks With Professionals.
Training Program on Stock Market –
Dhaka Stock Exchange Training Academy
Bangladesh Institute of Capital Market (BICM)
Chittagong Stock Exchange
Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh
Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission – Brief Investment Guide
BICM Academic Section